Working at Ladies’!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Ladies’.
Ladies’ Golf Club Toronto is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Job Openings
2nd ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT
Will work under the supervision of the Superintendent and/or the Assistant Superintendent and is responsible for the provision of maintenance, repair and renovation services to the grounds and equipment of the golf course. Required to work independently, with general direction being available from the Superintendent. The supervision, training and direction of employees at the grounds crew level is a requirement of this position.
Reports directly to the Assistant Superintendent and the Superintendent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May be responsible for the allocation of work to ground crew on a daily basis.
- May be responsible for reviewing work done to ensure that specifications and standards of the golf course are adhered to.
- Responsible for new construction work on a small scale.
- Maintains daily record of time spent ground crew on work assignments.
- Responsible for safe work practices of departmental employees.
- May be responsible for the supervision, training and direction of ground crews within a specific area.
- Required to obtain knowledge of and comply with safety policies applicable to the workplace.
- Performs fertilizing, pesticide applications and cultural practices while keeping detailed water, IPM records and scouting reports.
- A total commitment to safety precautions and measures related to pesticides and spraying, not only for oneself but for others.
- Regularly checking the golf course for pest- and nutrition-related problems and reporting all findings to the superintendent.
- All spraying and fertilizer operations on the golf course.
- Filing accurate reports and records of all operations, which include application rates, spreader settings, weather conditions, pest symptoms and quantities of materials used.
- Keeping an up-to-date and accurate inventory of all pesticides and fertilizers, and reporting any shortfall to the Superintendent.
- Performing all spray operations in a safe manner, preferably ahead of golfers.
- At times becoming involved in the application of wetting agents, bio-stimulants, and growth regulators.
- Broad knowledge in the identification and life cycle of the diseases, weeds, and insects that invade the turf.
- Familiarity with pesticides and their phytotoxic characteristics.
- Operation and calibration of all equipment used for spraying or fertilizing.
- Knowledge of pesticides and fertilizers and their mode of action and residual effects.
- A combination of knowledge, training and practical experience.
- Diploma or degree in turf management preferred but not necessary.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A valid operator’s license (if applicable) for chainsaws, string trimmers and other such tools.
- Attending specific technical training at seminars and specialized short courses.
- Experience is garnered under the tutelage of the Superintendent in the art of greenkeeping.
- Be able to write brief messages and to follow written instructions.
I’d like to know more